Sara will be discussing
Future of Community/Future of Work
What does BizBuddyHub offer the Community?
‘We are all about solving problems in the community, creating a culture of collaboration and a space where we can grow our local economy and create a strong safe and sustainable community for now and into the future’ Sara
Founder and Small Biz/ Franchise expert
A seasoned business professional, I started my career in Africa in admin and financial roles, then, with a taste for business launched a hamburger chain (Steers -10 stores) under the Innscor Africa Umbrella, which we took public in 1998. Political and economic instability in early 2000’s led to a move with my family to Australia in 2003.
Even with all my background and experience, I learned the hard way how difficult it is for small business in Australia to work in and on a business, when I took over a small cookie making business with a cafe. I also spent time working mainly in strategic marketing roles with independent IGA retailers and local Milko franchisee’s under the Aussie Farmers Direct banner. I am really passionate about community and respect and empathise with small business owners. At the end of the day to be successful in business you must know how to collaborate and engage within the community.
In 2012, life changed for me after a brush with breast cancer, 18 months of treatment and figuring out what my purpose was; I realised I no longer fit the corporate mold, and wanted to make a difference and follow my heart and gut instinct by looking at new ways to solve problems for the community and small business.
As a resident of Point Cook, I have experienced unabated housing growth, gridlocked commuters, bootstrapped micro business and under-resourced community champions and wondered how we could create our own solution.
That thought process led to BizBuddyHub…which is, at its core, all about joining the dots, creating a local collaborative work space environment, providing cost effective resources (BizBuddy Associates) and tools for small business. The Hub will act as a head office for the post code, the community, local small business and a fantastic alternative for corporate employees to improve their work/life balance and work locally in their own postcode.
Our BizBuddyHub is all about creating a strong, safe, vibrant and sustainable community model for now and for the future. We Live Local, We Work Local and We Love Local!– we would love you to join us.
Connect with Sara
What to read next
- Our end of Year Issue is here!Read More »
- How to develop a positive mindset about money - Sherry Davis-Selak WBS PodcastRead More »
- In this episode, we talk to Psychologist Jessica Cleary, Director & Principal Psychologist of Hopscotch & Harmony about Mindful Parenting …Read More »
- Negotiis Property is a different type of real estate agency. Although we offer the similar services of a typical agent …Read More »
- Emma Murnane is an expert on the impacts & benefits of promotional products, and in this episode, she passes on some …Read More »
- In one of our best episodes yet, Emma Borg from Unique Phoenix dives deep into one of the most crucial …Read More »
- Meet Maree Sortino from The Social Secret The Social Secret is my pride and joy! I had been working …Read More »
- In episode 8, Obu from Smart Money Solutions shares invaluable tips and insights that will help you with strategies to reach …Read More »
- As a copywriter, it’s my job to make your business sound better. I write websites, brochures, books, and blogs that …Read More »
- The Social Secret shares 5 Top Social Media Tips for small businesses.Read More »