Meet Tracey Hall from Excelling in Direct Sales
Tell us about your business
Excelling in Direct Sales stands for ethics, integrity and we do this with our online programs and mentoring program. We do this because of wanting to make the direct selling industry better and to help it be more professional.
We train people in the direct sales industry, including party plan, MLM, Network Marketing. We also train specific industries such as Mortgage Broking, Financial Planning, Real Estate, Car Dealers, and Accounting.
Why and when did you start your own business?
Tracey Hall and Jerry Penny met in a Direct Selling company in 2013 after an unfortunate incident of Jerry letting her car roll down a street. Luckily no one was hurt. Their friendship really started when they attended a conference together in 2014 (and also shared accommodation and fun times) and started to understand that their personal and business values aligned.
Hence Excelling in Direct Sales was formed. After delivering many fun-filled and educational workshops around Melbourne, the demand grew from outside of Melbourne to deliver the workshop online. So guess what! We smashed that out!
The partnership started 20th September 2016 the business was formed then.
What does being a business owner mean to you?
We can help our clients, we can work our own hours, we can work from home, we can work globally, we can use and create our own content.
We have unlimited potential to earn.
What or who has been your greatest influence in business and why?
No-one in particular but along the way, there have been some great people who influenced us so we could work our partnership with being ethical.
What would you say is your greatest professional accomplishment to date?
Delivering face to face events that are full of content and added value to the participants.
Our Group Masterminds that add extra value to our clients every fortnight when working their business and using our online program.
What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers?
“Don’t Quit” also Don’t sweat the small stuff
What has been the most effective marketing initiatives or programs you have used to promote your business?
- Word of mouth
- Our complimentary e-books
- Networking events
What is one thing have you learned as a small business owner that has served you well over the years?
Ask for help
Are there any resources or tools you’d like to share with other small business owners that have helped you run your business?
- https://excellingindirectsales.com/cschecklist/ (customer service checklist)
- bit.ly/EDS10mistakes (10 mistakes made in direct selling)
- bit.ly/EDS8ways (8 ways to get your sales mojo back)
What do you do for fun/relaxation?
Spending time with friends.
What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful woman in business?
- It is ok to say NO
- Follow up, follow up, follow up
- Keep going with your dream even when others are poo-pooing your idea
What fears have you faced in business?
Getting my ego out of the door
Have you overcome it?
Worked on my personal development
How do you manage fear?
Many different ways – could be taking a shower to help with anxiety, talking to friends, writing down things
What are your top 5 goals you want to achieve by the end of 2017?
- Help more people with our online program
- Hold 4 Immersion Days on The Art of Selling
- Have a proper working website
- More speaking events
- Have our podcasts speaking to our audience
What makes you happy?
- Seeing my clients achieving their goals.
- Helping others
Have you had to make any sacrifices whilst running your business?
Time seems to be getting away from me. Having to work while the kids are on holidays makes it hard
Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most and why?
- Kylie Travers and how she has overcome being homeless
- Oprah Winfrey overcoming so much adversity
- Richard Branson because he did it his way
Where do you see yourself and your business in 2-5 years?
- Over the million in t/over. Based in USA (just me, Jerry still in Australia). Speaking around the world. Established as an expert in the field as mentor and trainer for the direct sales industry. Be a disrupter in the industry to show it can be done ethically.
- Running two retreats a year.
- From 2018, conducting yearly Ethical Direct Selling Awards (going to take it global).
- Started my foundation for foster children to have a safe home.
What book has inspired you the most?
Chicken Soup for the Soul
How do you measure your success in business?
What impact we can make on our clients and seeing them grow in their business
Where is your dream destination to go for a holiday and why?
Greece to sit on the beach and just chill
What is your favorite inspirational quote you would like to share with other WBS members?
“Remember to always take “me” time”
What are your top 5 business tips?
- Know your ideal client
- Ask for the order
- Smile before you dial
- Backup your systems (I nearly lost everything at one point in the past)
Why did you become a WBS Member?
To add value to others, liked that it is something that can impact more and more people.
Connect with Tracy
WOMENS BUSINESS SOCIETY TEAM
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Our end of Year Issue is here!Read More »
- How to develop a positive mindset about money - Sherry Davis-Selak WBS PodcastRead More »
- In this episode, we talk to Psychologist Jessica Cleary, Director & Principal Psychologist of Hopscotch & Harmony about Mindful Parenting …Read More »
- Negotiis Property is a different type of real estate agency. Although we offer the similar services of a typical agent …Read More »
- Emma Murnane is an expert on the impacts & benefits of promotional products, and in this episode, she passes on some …Read More »
- In one of our best episodes yet, Emma Borg from Unique Phoenix dives deep into one of the most crucial …Read More »
- Meet Maree Sortino from The Social Secret The Social Secret is my pride and joy! I had been working …Read More »
- In episode 8, Obu from Smart Money Solutions shares invaluable tips and insights that will help you with strategies to reach …Read More »
- As a copywriter, it’s my job to make your business sound better. I write websites, brochures, books, and blogs that …Read More »
- The Social Secret shares 5 Top Social Media Tips for small businesses.Read More »