Meet Tina from WP Launch Me
Tina Okey is Co-Founder and Pixel Perfectionist (graphic and web designer) at WP Launch Me. She has worked as a corporate graphic and web designer for more than 10 years, but ultimately loves working with world-changers, like yourself, to help make their online presence shine.
Interview with Co-Founder and Pixel Perfectionist at WP Launch Me Click To Tweet
Tell us about your business
At WP Launch Me we’re known for our passion and energy. We’re able to capture the essence of a business onto a website and team that with a strategic user experience to build websites with a focus on generating revenue. We’re experts in web design and development and online marketing.
The results we achieve for our clients has meant that we have grown quickly and our team has expanded to include copywriting and digital marketing.
Why and when did you start your own business?
I started WP Launch Me in the last half of 2016.
Before that, I worked for an organisation as a graphic and web designer for over 10 years until I was made redundant while on maternity leave. It took me a couple of months to get over it emotionally and then I had a decision to make. I could go back to the craziness of a 9-5 job where I would need to get up early, drop one child off at daycare and the other one off at before school care then repeat for after school care and only get to spend weekends with my children. Or I could start my own business with flexible hours that suited my lifestyle. So now I get to have breakfast with my kids at home and do the school drop off and pick up with my eldest who just started school this year.
On Friday’s I spend time with my toddler and only work while he is napping. This is the perfect balance for me and it also means the weekends are now completely focused on family time only.
What does being a business owner mean to you?
Flexible working hours around my family and still contributing to the household income. Also, I’ve always wanted to show my children that there are other alternatives to working a job.
What or who has been your greatest influence in business and why?
I follow many entrepreneurs, however, if I had to choose one it would be Marie Forleo. I studied her online course, B-School, and I’m an avid follower of hers, but the connections I made from the B-School group has changed my life.
What would you say is your greatest professional accomplishment to date?
It’s looking at how far I have come along in less than one year in business while juggling a family.
What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers?
From leadership and peak performance expert, Anthony Robbins: “80 percent of success is due to psychology—mindset, beliefs, and emotions—and only 20 percent is due to strategy—the specific steps needed to accomplish a result”
What has been the most effective marketing initiatives or programs you have used to promote your business?
What is one thing have you learned as a small business owner that has served you well over the years?
Work smarter in the time you have.
Do you have any new projects coming up?
We are currently working with a client who is on their way to taking on the big players in the fitness industry. Another client is looking to shake up the roadside assistance industry with a new concept. We’ll share more about our other projects very soon!
What do you do for fun/relaxation?
I love to get outdoors, meditate and practice yoga.
What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
Positive mindset, passion and focus.
What is a fear you face in business? Have you overcome it? How do you manage fear?
Fear of the unknown has come up for me. This is where a positive mindset has been helpful and a daily guided meditation. I think it’s really about finding what works for you though.
What are your top 5 goals you want to achieve by the end of 2016?
- To collaborate with like-minded business owners
- To work with passionate business owners who appreciate quality work
- To be booked out at least a month in advance
- To surround myself with uplifting business owners
- To work smarter and have fun along the way
What makes you happy?
Happy clients and my family and friends.
Have you had to make any sacrifices whilst running your business? If so, what are they?
Yes, sometimes working when it should be family time.
Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most and why?
I couldn’t choose just one business – it actually takes a special person with sheer determination to give entrepreneurship a go, so they should all be admired.
Where you see yourself and your business in 10 years?
I see myself working with a team of experts and becoming a one stop shop for all of their online marketing requirements. We will be known for our outstanding work and customer service across the entire team.
What book has inspired you the most? (OR What is your favourite book?)
Too many to list but the latest is The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks.
How do you measure your success in business?
Setting goals and then achieving them.
Do you have kiddies if so how many? And what is their favourite activity to do with you.
I have two boys. They love when I take them to play at a playground.
What is your favourite inspirational quote you would like to share with other WBS members?
Great things are done by a series of small things brought together – Vincent Van Gogh
WP Launch Me Clients
Connect with WP Launch Me
Join us for the next WBS Event
Tina Okey will be speaking at our WBS Networking Event in Point Cook on the 19th April about – Tips to improve your online presence
Book your tickets here: https://goo.gl/CBjM5k
What to read next
- Dr. Vesna Grubacevic is driven by making a profound difference and has dedicated her life to empowering others. She …Read More »
- Launched in November 2018! A collaboration book featuring business women from Women’s Business Society “How Courageous Fearless and Purpose …Read More »
- In this episode, we talk to Kirsten Flavell, founder of Map Your Brand, about how to write content that attracts …Read More »
- When was the last time you put off doing something that you said you would do? Do you drag your …Read More »
- My business is Qt, which stands for Quantum Transformations. We offer highly personalised NLP, Hypnotherapy and Qt respecti ® consultations, …Read More »
- Welcome to the Sixth issue of the WBS Magazine! Grab yourself a coffee, put your feet up and enjoy WBS …Read More »
- Our guest for episode 18 is Katarina Nave of SGP ConsultingRead More »
- Meet Judith McDonald from Travel Managers Tell us about your business I work with both leisure and corporate clients in …Read More »
- Meet Frances from The Conscientious Cook. Frances is “The Conscientious Cook”. She is a passionate advocate for health …Read More »
- What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers? That if …Read More »