Meet Judith McDonald from Travel Managers
Tell us about your business
I work with both leisure and corporate clients in arranging their plans for international or domestic travel. With my leisure clients, I provide a personal, caring and complete service in all areas. I assist my corporate clients by developing an efficient and time effective travel plan dependent on their needs and budget.
Why and when did you start your own business?
After many years working as an employee in travel I started my own business so I could provide a personal service to my clients.
What does being a business owner mean to you?
It means being able to ensure the high standards of customer service are always maintained.
What or who has been your greatest influence in business and why?
I think I would have to say, my clients. Their continued support has encouraged me to build my business by always providing great service and exceptional customer service.
What would you say is your greatest professional accomplishment to date?
Continuing to grow and learn every day.
What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers?
Always treat your client/customer as you would want to be treated.
What has been the most effective marketing initiatives or programs you have used to promote your business?
I run a reward scheme where my clients receive a travel voucher when they refer a client who books a trip.
What is one thing have you learned as a small business owner that has served you well over the years?
Never be afraid to ask for input or advice.
What do you do for fun/relaxation?
I have been researching my family history for many years.
I assist people with their research and also compile itineraries for those wanting to visit the places of their ancestors.
What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful woman in business?
Patience, Courage and Persistence
What are your top 5 goals you want to achieve by the end of 2018?
- Continue to grow my business
- Use social media more effectively
- Launch the History Itinerary Tours sector of my business
- Make time to mark something off my bucket list
Connect with Judith McDonald
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Dr. Vesna Grubacevic is driven by making a profound difference and has dedicated her life to empowering others. She …Read More »
- Launched in November 2018! A collaboration book featuring business women from Women’s Business Society “How Courageous Fearless and Purpose …Read More »
- In this episode, we talk to Kirsten Flavell, founder of Map Your Brand, about how to write content that attracts …Read More »
- When was the last time you put off doing something that you said you would do? Do you drag your …Read More »
- My business is Qt, which stands for Quantum Transformations. We offer highly personalised NLP, Hypnotherapy and Qt respecti ® consultations, …Read More »
- Welcome to the Sixth issue of the WBS Magazine! Grab yourself a coffee, put your feet up and enjoy WBS …Read More »
- Our guest for episode 18 is Katarina Nave of SGP ConsultingRead More »
- Meet Frances from The Conscientious Cook. Frances is “The Conscientious Cook”. She is a passionate advocate for health …Read More »
- What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers? That if …Read More »
- In this episode, we talk to Ziggy Clements, owner of Artz Collective, about her experience in starting, running and making Artz …Read More »