Meet Angie from Eye Deal Photography
Why and when did you start your own business?
Eye Deal Photography was founded back in 2005 – fresh out of Uni, bought my first digital camera, I travelled overseas and I knew when I returned I wanted to start my very own photography business.
My father and grand-father were both photographers, so the passion for photography runs deep through my veins. My studio space was once my father’s studio, but since I wanted to take over and reinvent it – together we renovated the studio, I changed the business name and Eye Deal Photography was open for business.
I specialise in Weddings, Portraits, Christenings/Baptisms, Events and Head Shots.
What would you say is your greatest professional accomplishment to date?
My greatest accomplishments to date is – I can say I am a professional business woman – who sets goals and is determined to succeed, not only with my business but within life.
What has been the most effective marketing initiatives or programs you have used to promote your business?
The most effective marketing tool to promote my business would have to be, firstly recommendations and secondly through Facebook (Certain pages have Business Post days). I take advantage to post as much as I can – so people recognise my business name and logo and remember it for future.
What is one thing have you learned as a small business owner that has served you well over the years?
The one thing that has served me well over the years as a small business owner is to never give up. Small businesses have their ups and downs – but I did not let this deter me from giving up on my passion.
What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful woman in business?
- Focused and disciplined
- Goal setting
- Competitive / Time Management
What fears have you faced in business? Have you overcome it/them? How do you manage fear?
My biggest fear would have to be a failure. I have put so much time, money and effort into where the business is today and I would hate for it fail. I try and not think about it and have positive thoughts that I love doing what I do and I wouldn’t be in business if I didn’t.
What are your top 5 goals you want to achieve by the end of 2018?
- Venture into different styles of photography
- Attend more networking days/groups
- Donate to fundraisers
- Expand my clientele
- Start a family of my own
What makes you happy?
Being alive, healthy, surrounded by positive and supportive people and my family.
Where do you see yourself and your business in 2-5 years?
In 2-5 Years’ time – I would hope my business has flourished even more and I would love to have the time to travel.
What book has inspired you the most?
What really ignited the fire for me was – I completed an My Mentor course “Drive your Career”, through a workshop at my previous employment. The courses in these books, CD’s and DVD’s are so powerful and really makes you think long/short term and goal settings. This was the start for me to put my absolute everything into the 1 passion I love – Photography.
How do you measure your success in business?
My measurement of success in my business would be the joyous reactions on my clients faces when they see my work and their beautiful words and comments. This drives me to better myself every time.
What is your favourite inspirational quote you would like to share with other WBS members?
“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce” – Karl Lagerfeld
Why did you become a WBS Member?
I became a WBS Member to interact with like-minded business women – who inspire and drive one another to network and make ideas and dreams into reality. We should not have to do this alone and we should empower each other to strive to succeed.
Connect with Eye Deal Photography
Join us for the next WBS Event
WBS is coming to Boronia. Our launch event will be on the 9th March 2018 at the Zagames Boronia. Angie will be our photographer for this event.
Book your tickets here: https://goo.gl/msH34U.
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Dr. Vesna Grubacevic is driven by making a profound difference and has dedicated her life to empowering others. She …Read More »
- Launched in November 2018! A collaboration book featuring business women from Women’s Business Society “How Courageous Fearless and Purpose …Read More »
- In this episode, we talk to Kirsten Flavell, founder of Map Your Brand, about how to write content that attracts …Read More »
- When was the last time you put off doing something that you said you would do? Do you drag your …Read More »
- My business is Qt, which stands for Quantum Transformations. We offer highly personalised NLP, Hypnotherapy and Qt respecti ® consultations, …Read More »
- Welcome to the Sixth issue of the WBS Magazine! Grab yourself a coffee, put your feet up and enjoy WBS …Read More »
- Our guest for episode 18 is Katarina Nave of SGP ConsultingRead More »
- Meet Judith McDonald from Travel Managers Tell us about your business I work with both leisure and corporate clients in …Read More »
- Meet Frances from The Conscientious Cook. Frances is “The Conscientious Cook”. She is a passionate advocate for health …Read More »
- What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers? That if …Read More »