Meet Carolyn from Empowerkin Kinesiology
Carolyn is a Kinesiologist and business owner of EmpowerKin Kinesiology, speaker and workshop facilitator and author of Empowered Happiness – Discovering Bliss Beyond Depression. She has studied a variety of different Kinesiology techniques including Professional Kinesiology Practitioner, Brain Gym, LEAP and Primitive Reflexes and continues to study different modalities. She is a student of life and is continues to read and learn about new things.
She is passionate about helping people find real and lasting happiness and is especially passionate about helping those that have hit their rock bottom. Life is a journey and it’s in the journey that true happiness can be found.
She has received a nomination for Writing Excellence in the 2016 Brilliant Biz Awards run by Motivating Mums. She has been interviewed by the local paper and local radio station and writes blogs on numerous sites as well as her own. She supports local fund raisers including the local schools and cancer fundraisers.
Tell us about your business
I am a kinesiologist passionate about helping people. Whether its children with learning or emotional issues or adults going through depression and anxiety I use the skills that I have learned through my studies to educate others on how they can take control of their own healing.
I also facilitate meditation classes and plan to run workshops this year based on my book Empowered Happiness.
Why and when did you start your own business?
I started working as a kinesiologist at the end of 2010. From there I continued to study and published my book at the end of 2015. 2016 saw my business grow to more than just kinesiology. It has included speaking engagements, a Facebook group and blogs on many sites encompassing my kinesiology knowledge along with my happiness tips.
What does being a business owner mean to you?
I love to create and I really feel I am on my path. Running my business is what I am meant to be doing and I know that it is evolving each and every day.
What or who has been your greatest influence in business and why?
I am influenced by many great authors and speakers, but the biggest influence would be Dr Wayne Dyer.
What would you say is your greatest professional accomplishment to date?
I have written and published my first book, Empowered Happiness.
What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers?
To keep going, not to give up and to just give things a go. Get outside of your comfort zone.
What has been the most effective marketing initiatives or programs you have used to promote your business?
Getting an article in the local newspaper about what I am doing.
What is one thing have you learned as a small business owner that has served you well over the years?
That a business coach, for me, was a necessity. It helped me transition from a hobbyist to a business.
What do you do for fun/relaxation?
I love to read or go for a massage.
What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful women in business?
1. Resilience. Things aren’t always going to go to plan and when they don’t you need to pick yourself up and keep going.
2. Authenticity. You have to be true to yourself and do what makes you happy. Not follow the crowd.
3. Honesty with yourself. You need to know when you have to ask for help and then get that help.
What fears have you faced in business? Have you overcome it/them? How do you manage fear?
Posting and commenting on Facebook was initially a big fear for me. I was concerned at what others would think. I have learned that I just needed to go ahead and do it.
Networking has also been a fear for me as what I do seemed to be different to what everyone else was doing. I have learned that it’s ok to be different and made some great friends along the way!
I manage my fears by facing it. I asked myself, “Would I regret not doing this?” and if the answer is yes, I do it!
What makes you happy?
My family, my business and life in general.
Have you had to make any sacrifices whilst running your business? If so, what are they?
Occasionally I have had to forgo time with my family to go to courses, see clients or go to business events.
Where you see yourself and your business in 2-5 years?
Having a successful kinesiology business as well as speaking engagements along with authoring more books.
What is your favourite inspirational quote?
“If you change the way you look at things, they things you look at change.” Dr Wayne Dyer.
Connect with Carolyn
What to read next
- Wednesday Weekly Facebook #WBSLIVE Inner Rhythm talks about developing confidence in this video. You can read all …Read More »
- In this not to be missed episode, we talk about branding with branding expert Liz Thompson, owner of Caliba. Branding …Read More »
- Slow down and enjoy life!Read More »
- Leanne Vandeligt from Nurture Weightloss Wellness talks about - How to fit in self-care and movement whilst juggling work and …Read More »
- Weekly Facebook #WBSLIVE Karen Kennedy from Bookit Bookkeeping talks about - Start the new FY on the right foot.Read More »
- Weekly Facebook #WBSLIVE Samantha talks about - Becoming an author & building your online profile. Samantha Jansen is the founder …Read More »
- Customer Service & Follow Up with Tracey Hall from Excelling in Direct SalesRead More »
- Meet Androulla from Empower Beyond Androulla Sakkas, the Founder of EmpowerBeyond with over 20 years’ experience working with businesses to …Read More »
- "A goal without a date is just a dream" - Milton Erickson WHAT'S ON THIS WEEK ENDING 30TH JULY 2017Read More »
- Meet Ziggy Clements founder of Artz Collective Why and when did you start your own business? The Artz Collective was …Read More »