Meet Bec Stenner from
Bec Stenner is the founder of Social Status Mgt. Bec is all about helping you ditch the feelings of being overwhelmed, frustrated. Together you will navigate through the maze of brand development & social media.
Everyone has a story to tell & Bec helps you find your brands own unique & authentic voice.
Why and when did you start your own business?
I started Social Status Mgt in August 2016. When I was first introduced to social media I was “social media challenged” and found myself attending workshops and doing short courses that over promised and under delivered. I felt there was a real gap in helping people overcome the overwhelm in social media for small business.
I knew I wanted to help people, & inspire others to not give up on social media, I love seeing others learn and then watching their small business grow and maintain a social media presence, it’s rewarding.
For me, the social media management and content creation side is super fun and I get to be creative, it’s like an outlet for me, it’s my fav part.
What does being a business owner mean to you?
To me, it means having more flexibility, and something to be proud of. I often say it’s like having another child, you have to love it unconditionally, know there will be hard times, and you won’t know what you’re doing at times, it’s hard work but so worth it.
What or who has been your greatest influence in business and why?
The Digital Picnic gals are amazing, they have inspired me sooo much. They are the only social media workshops I ever felt I learnt from and a stack of value. They are generous with their knowledge and genuinely care about their tribe.
What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers?
Don’t be so hard on yourself & never compare yourself to others, it’s your journey so take it as it comes and when all else fails eat chocolate.
Are there any resources or tools you’d like to share with other small business owners that have helped you run your business?
For this one, I am actually going to say stay tuned. There is something big and exciting on the horizon which is going to have some great tools to help you!
What do you do for fun/relaxation?
Nothing makes me happier than heading down to our caravan for a weekend beach escape, no matter what time of the year.
What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful woman in business?
1. Be you! You are your own unique selling point & you gotta own it.
2. Be curious and open to new ways of doing things, thinking outside the box really changes things.
3. Treat others how you wish to be treated. Kindness matters
What fears have you faced in business? Have you overcome it/them? How do you manage fear?
I think fear is a good thing in business, it means you really care and you really want it to work. I’m someone who has always had anxiety and really has had to be on top of it. I’ve learnt how to apply some of the same techniques with fears in business, taking the power away from them and using it for good energy.
What are your top 5 goals you want to achieve by the end of 2017?
2017 has already been pretty damn amazing, but I can see the second half being even better. In July something B I G is coming and I’m focusing all into it, so it’s one big goal.
What makes you happy?
What makes me happy, that’s a big one.
I’m a simple person, so it’s not hard to make me happy. Having a healthy, happy family is what brings a smile to my face every day.
Favourite book at the moment?
You will laugh at this one because it’s one that I’m reading to my son at the moment, he loves the Dr Seuss books and I love, Oh’ The Places You’ll Go! Great message for kids and a reminder to adults.
How do you measure your success in business?
Insert big happy face, seeing other people wins and growth. Making a difference is what success is to me.
Where is your dream destination to go for a holiday and why?
With Melbourne’s weather, I’ll take anywhere warm at the moment! I’d love to go back to Blue Lagoon in Fiji with all my family. We went there for our Honeymoon and it was amazing.
What is your favourite inspirational quote?
Focus on how far you have come, not how far you have left.
Why did you become a WBS Member?
I had heard so many wonderful things from people who found the group welcoming and supportive.
Connect with Bec
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Wednesday Weekly Facebook #WBSLIVE Inner Rhythm talks about developing confidence in this video. You can read all …Read More »
- In this not to be missed episode, we talk about branding with branding expert Liz Thompson, owner of Caliba. Branding …Read More »
- Slow down and enjoy life!Read More »
- Leanne Vandeligt from Nurture Weightloss Wellness talks about - How to fit in self-care and movement whilst juggling work and …Read More »
- Weekly Facebook #WBSLIVE Karen Kennedy from Bookit Bookkeeping talks about - Start the new FY on the right foot.Read More »
- Weekly Facebook #WBSLIVE Samantha talks about - Becoming an author & building your online profile. Samantha Jansen is the founder …Read More »
- Customer Service & Follow Up with Tracey Hall from Excelling in Direct SalesRead More »
- Meet Androulla from Empower Beyond Androulla Sakkas, the Founder of EmpowerBeyond with over 20 years’ experience working with businesses to …Read More »
- "A goal without a date is just a dream" - Milton Erickson WHAT'S ON THIS WEEK ENDING 30TH JULY 2017Read More »
- Meet Ziggy Clements founder of Artz Collective Why and when did you start your own business? The Artz Collective was …Read More »