Meet Kathy Bennett from Petite Blooms & Here2bhelpful Concierge Services
Kathy Bennett is the founder of Petite Blooms. Petite Blooms delivers gorgeous flowers straight to your door. Online Petite blooms-are designed with a natural elegance and class whilst keeping it simple, easy, affordable and fast.
Kathy also owns Here2bhelpful Concierge Services. Here2bhelpful is here to help you regain more time in your busy day.
Why and when did you start your own business?
I started Petite Blooms in 2016 and Here2bhelpful in 2011. It started out of my love for flowers and my need to save everyone more time in their day.
What does it mean to you being a business owner?
Independence, success and sometimes stress.
What or who has been your greatest influence in business and why?
l am constantly evolving and look to many for daily inspiration and influence, always eager to learn so not one individual or influence but many.
What would you say is your greatest professional accomplishment to date?
Starting a business and sticking with it, coming from a medical background was all new territory for me.
What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers?
There are so many times you will be tempted to give up and other people will try to talk you out of your dreams to protect you from disappointment. But if you believe in your business then you owe it to yourself to give it damn hard go… giving up is easy, persevering is the challenge.
What has been the most effective marketing initiatives or programs you have used to promote your business?
- Staying on top of your socials and the changes that occur,
- Getting out there and networking
- Getting to know your community…people will do business with those they get to know and trust.
What is one thing have you learned as a small business owner that has served you well over the years?
If you fall over get up and keep going.
Are there any resources or tools you’d like to share with other small business owners that have helped you run your business?
- Attending local council workshops for small business most are free so it’s a great opportunity to learn.
- Keeping abreast of changes that occur in your area of expertise.
- Staying on top of your socials.
What do you do for fun/relaxation?
- Chill out and watch reality tv.
- Swim, chill by the pool.
- Read the monthly Collective mag.
- Brunch with my 19 yr old daughter.
What fears have you faced in business? Have you overcome it/them? How do you manage fear?
Fears- lack of income to survive (being a single mum it can be scary!)- devote most of my waking hours to my business, don’t let the fear control me!
What are your top 5 goals you want to achieve by the end of 2018?
1 Reboot Here2bhelpful as it was on the back burner for a while
2. Collaborate more
3. Continue to educate myself re my business’
4. Set more time for coffee meetings and achieve in these meetings
5. Be successful and more comfortable by the end of 2018
What makes you happy?
My daughter and seeing her be happy in her life and also my health, friends, and pets.
Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most and why?
Red Balloon is inspirational as is the boost juice company, these women are awesome, but having said that there are far too many to mention really.
Where do you see yourself and your business in 2-5 years?
Heading towards retirement by the 5-year mark comfortably.
Where is your dream destination to go for a holiday and why?
Hawaii always wanted to go there just to chill and am doing just that in May of this year. l always wait for the time to be right and let’s face it whoever knows when that time is.
What is your favourite inspirational quote?
It always seems impossible until it’s done (Nelson Mandela)
What are your top 5 business tips?
- Learn to say NO, you cant always be everything to everybody.
- Set daily goals and tick them off your list.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself.
- Be generous with your time and information.
- Look after YOU!
Why did you become a WBS Member?
Cause Cazz is an awesome chic
Connect with Kathy
Join us our Womens Business Society launch event in Yarraville
WBS is coming to Yarraville. Our launch event will be on the 1st March 2018 at the Yarraville Club. Kathy Bennett is your WBS Ambassador in Yarraville.
Book your tickets here: https://goo.gl/x17MnD
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Dr. Vesna Grubacevic is driven by making a profound difference and has dedicated her life to empowering others. She …Read More »
- Launched in November 2018! A collaboration book featuring business women from Women’s Business Society “How Courageous Fearless and Purpose …Read More »
- In this episode, we talk to Kirsten Flavell, founder of Map Your Brand, about how to write content that attracts …Read More »
- When was the last time you put off doing something that you said you would do? Do you drag your …Read More »
- My business is Qt, which stands for Quantum Transformations. We offer highly personalised NLP, Hypnotherapy and Qt respecti ® consultations, …Read More »
- Welcome to the Sixth issue of the WBS Magazine! Grab yourself a coffee, put your feet up and enjoy WBS …Read More »
- Our guest for episode 18 is Katarina Nave of SGP ConsultingRead More »
- Meet Judith McDonald from Travel Managers Tell us about your business I work with both leisure and corporate clients in …Read More »
- Meet Frances from The Conscientious Cook. Frances is “The Conscientious Cook”. She is a passionate advocate for health …Read More »
- What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers? That if …Read More »