Do you have SOPs?
Standard operation procedures (SOPs) document the steps of key processes to help ensure consistent and quality output.It is important for ALL businesses to have standard operating procedures. As important as they are many business owners avoid them like the plaque.
From my experience, they are easy to create. Just START! Once you complete a process record how you did it. It is very useful when you have to repeat this task regularly. It might not seem like a big deal in a new business but as it grows it will save you time. So, may as well start now. It doesn’t mean you must stick to that procedure once it is written, the trick is to go back to that procedure and improve it.
Having GOOD procedures and BAD procedures will affect your business. So, looking at these processes regularly will help your business.
Find one thing in your business to repeat often. Record that procedure. Start looking for more and more. Life will get easier as you will save time.
Good procedures apply consistent standards and practices within your business.
GOOD procedures . . .
• save time and mistakes
• reduce training costs (imagine trying to explain everything you do to a new employee)
• ensure consistent results
• support quality goals
Bad procedures . . .
• cause errors and frustration
• waste time and money
• detract from quality goals
• you start chasing your business tail
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Our end of Year Issue is here!Read More »
- How to develop a positive mindset about money - Sherry Davis-Selak WBS PodcastRead More »
- In this episode, we talk to Psychologist Jessica Cleary, Director & Principal Psychologist of Hopscotch & Harmony about Mindful Parenting …Read More »
- Negotiis Property is a different type of real estate agency. Although we offer the similar services of a typical agent …Read More »
- Emma Murnane is an expert on the impacts & benefits of promotional products, and in this episode, she passes on some …Read More »
- In one of our best episodes yet, Emma Borg from Unique Phoenix dives deep into one of the most crucial …Read More »
- Meet Maree Sortino from The Social Secret The Social Secret is my pride and joy! I had been working …Read More »
- In episode 8, Obu from Smart Money Solutions shares invaluable tips and insights that will help you with strategies to reach …Read More »
- As a copywriter, it’s my job to make your business sound better. I write websites, brochures, books, and blogs that …Read More »
- The Social Secret shares 5 Top Social Media Tips for small businesses.Read More »