Do you have SOPs?
Standard operation procedures (SOPs) document the steps of key processes to help ensure consistent and quality output.It is important for ALL businesses to have standard operating procedures. As important as they are many business owners avoid them like the plaque.
From my experience, they are easy to create. Just START! Once you complete a process record how you did it. It is very useful when you have to repeat this task regularly. It might not seem like a big deal in a new business but as it grows it will save you time. So, may as well start now. It doesn’t mean you must stick to that procedure once it is written, the trick is to go back to that procedure and improve it.
Having GOOD procedures and BAD procedures will affect your business. So, looking at these processes regularly will help your business.
Find one thing in your business to repeat often. Record that procedure. Start looking for more and more. Life will get easier as you will save time.
Good procedures apply consistent standards and practices within your business.
GOOD procedures . . .
• save time and mistakes
• reduce training costs (imagine trying to explain everything you do to a new employee)
• ensure consistent results
• support quality goals
Bad procedures . . .
• cause errors and frustration
• waste time and money
• detract from quality goals
• you start chasing your business tail
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Kathy Bennett is the owner of Petite Blooms and Here2bhelpful. She is your WBS Ambassador in Yarraville.Read More »
- With Maree Sortino from The Social SecretRead More »
- This opportunity is only available to members. BOOK IN A TIME HERE THAT SUITS YOU – TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY ARE …Read More »
- Katarina is a down-to-earth leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, who’s passionate about continuous improvement and helping businesses dream big.Read More »
- Spark Joy is a business that does just that!...... SPARK JOY. You know the feeling you get when everything has …Read More »
- Grab your WBS Member and Non-Members tickets for upcoming Networking Events hereRead More »
- Issue 5 INVITE – WBS Magazine Contributor We have just released Issue 4 CHECK IT OUT HERE -and we …Read More »
- January Nominations are OPEN Nominations are OPEN for WBS Business Woman of the Month for January 2018! Please nominate your …Read More »
- There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.Read More »
- We kick 2018 off with a bang with an interview with content Queen Alicia Kacar of Type A CopywritingRead More »