Do you have SOPs?
Standard operation procedures (SOPs) document the steps of key processes to help ensure consistent and quality output.It is important for ALL businesses to have standard operating procedures. As important as they are many business owners avoid them like the plaque.
From my experience, they are easy to create. Just START! Once you complete a process record how you did it. It is very useful when you have to repeat this task regularly. It might not seem like a big deal in a new business but as it grows it will save you time. So, may as well start now. It doesn’t mean you must stick to that procedure once it is written, the trick is to go back to that procedure and improve it.
Having GOOD procedures and BAD procedures will affect your business. So, looking at these processes regularly will help your business.
Find one thing in your business to repeat often. Record that procedure. Start looking for more and more. Life will get easier as you will save time.
Good procedures apply consistent standards and practices within your business.
GOOD procedures . . .
• save time and mistakes
• reduce training costs (imagine trying to explain everything you do to a new employee)
• ensure consistent results
• support quality goals
Bad procedures . . .
• cause errors and frustration
• waste time and money
• detract from quality goals
• you start chasing your business tail
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Wednesday Weekly Facebook #WBSLIVE Inner Rhythm talks about developing confidence in this video. You can read all …Read More »
- In this not to be missed episode, we talk about branding with branding expert Liz Thompson, owner of Caliba. Branding …Read More »
- Slow down and enjoy life!Read More »
- Leanne Vandeligt from Nurture Weightloss Wellness talks about - How to fit in self-care and movement whilst juggling work and …Read More »
- Weekly Facebook #WBSLIVE Karen Kennedy from Bookit Bookkeeping talks about - Start the new FY on the right foot.Read More »
- Weekly Facebook #WBSLIVE Samantha talks about - Becoming an author & building your online profile. Samantha Jansen is the founder …Read More »
- Customer Service & Follow Up with Tracey Hall from Excelling in Direct SalesRead More »
- Meet Androulla from Empower Beyond Androulla Sakkas, the Founder of EmpowerBeyond with over 20 years’ experience working with businesses to …Read More »
- "A goal without a date is just a dream" - Milton Erickson WHAT'S ON THIS WEEK ENDING 30TH JULY 2017Read More »
- Meet Ziggy Clements founder of Artz Collective Why and when did you start your own business? The Artz Collective was …Read More »