Do you have SOPs?
Standard operation procedures (SOPs) document the steps of key processes to help ensure consistent and quality output.It is important for ALL businesses to have standard operating procedures. As important as they are many business owners avoid them like the plaque.
From my experience, they are easy to create. Just START! Once you complete a process record how you did it. It is very useful when you have to repeat this task regularly. It might not seem like a big deal in a new business but as it grows it will save you time. So, may as well start now. It doesn’t mean you must stick to that procedure once it is written, the trick is to go back to that procedure and improve it.
Having GOOD procedures and BAD procedures will affect your business. So, looking at these processes regularly will help your business.
Find one thing in your business to repeat often. Record that procedure. Start looking for more and more. Life will get easier as you will save time.
Good procedures apply consistent standards and practices within your business.
GOOD procedures . . .
• save time and mistakes
• reduce training costs (imagine trying to explain everything you do to a new employee)
• ensure consistent results
• support quality goals
Bad procedures . . .
• cause errors and frustration
• waste time and money
• detract from quality goals
• you start chasing your business tail
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Dr. Vesna Grubacevic is driven by making a profound difference and has dedicated her life to empowering others. She …Read More »
- Launched in November 2018! A collaboration book featuring business women from Women’s Business Society “How Courageous Fearless and Purpose …Read More »
- In this episode, we talk to Kirsten Flavell, founder of Map Your Brand, about how to write content that attracts …Read More »
- When was the last time you put off doing something that you said you would do? Do you drag your …Read More »
- My business is Qt, which stands for Quantum Transformations. We offer highly personalised NLP, Hypnotherapy and Qt respecti ® consultations, …Read More »
- Welcome to the Sixth issue of the WBS Magazine! Grab yourself a coffee, put your feet up and enjoy WBS …Read More »
- Our guest for episode 18 is Katarina Nave of SGP ConsultingRead More »
- Meet Judith McDonald from Travel Managers Tell us about your business I work with both leisure and corporate clients in …Read More »
- Meet Frances from The Conscientious Cook. Frances is “The Conscientious Cook”. She is a passionate advocate for health …Read More »
- What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers? That if …Read More »