Do you have SOPs?
Standard operation procedures (SOPs) document the steps of key processes to help ensure consistent and quality output.It is important for ALL businesses to have standard operating procedures. As important as they are many business owners avoid them like the plaque.
From my experience, they are easy to create. Just START! Once you complete a process record how you did it. It is very useful when you have to repeat this task regularly. It might not seem like a big deal in a new business but as it grows it will save you time. So, may as well start now. It doesn’t mean you must stick to that procedure once it is written, the trick is to go back to that procedure and improve it.
Having GOOD procedures and BAD procedures will affect your business. So, looking at these processes regularly will help your business.
Find one thing in your business to repeat often. Record that procedure. Start looking for more and more. Life will get easier as you will save time.
Good procedures apply consistent standards and practices within your business.
GOOD procedures . . .
• save time and mistakes
• reduce training costs (imagine trying to explain everything you do to a new employee)
• ensure consistent results
• support quality goals
Bad procedures . . .
• cause errors and frustration
• waste time and money
• detract from quality goals
• you start chasing your business tail
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- In one of our best episodes yet, Emma Borg from Unique Phoenix dives deep into one of the most crucial …Read More »
- Meet Maree Sortino from The Social Secret The Social Secret is my pride and joy! I had been working …Read More »
- In episode 8, Obu from Smart Money Solutions shares invaluable tips and insights that will help you with strategies to reach …Read More »
- As a copywriter, it’s my job to make your business sound better. I write websites, brochures, books, and blogs that …Read More »
- The Social Secret shares 5 Top Social Media Tips for small businesses.Read More »
- This week Carolyn from EmpowerKin Kinesiology shares her Stress Relieving Techniques Using Kinesiology. Kinesiology is the science of energy …Read More »
- Making Your Inconsistent Income Your Friend with Budgeting123 Budgeting123 helps individuals and families to plan their household savings and spending …Read More »
- Spending time on emotional health will create an amazing ripple effect in all areas of life. It will help you …Read More »
- Tracey Hall from Excelling In Direct Sales discusses - Leads, Sales and More - How to get leads, turn into sales …Read More »
- Grab yourself a coffee, put your feet up and enjoy WBS Magazine Issue 3! This issue is jam-packed with articles …Read More »